I-95 Corridor Coalition in partnership with the New York State Department of Transportation present the CVII Project Library
Contractual deliverables/documents posted on this site have been officially accepted by NYSDOT and the I-95 Coalition, after review by the Project Advisory Committee as applicable. These documents are for internal use only by those having access to this site, and not for general publication.
- NYSDOT CVII Request for Information (July 2007)
- NYSDOT Request for Proposals (February 2008)
- Contract Schedule A (February 27, 2009)
- NYSDOT Form 255NAE (March 28, 2008)
System Design and Architecture
- CVII General Network Architecture Schedule A (June 2009)
- CVII Detailed Project Architecture Schedule A (June 2009)
Task 1 Deliverables
- CVII Program Plan Schedule A (November 1, 2010). Task 1 – Overall Plan deliverable includes: scope statement, work breakdown structure, program schedule, high level design, and staffing plan.
Task 2 Deliverables. Create a base VII hardware infrastructure suitable for a commercial vehicle — VII Compliant On-Board Communication Equipment (OBE) research, develop, test and demonstrate VII compliant on-board communication equipment (OBE) in a commercial vehicle provided by the Volvo team.
- CVII Onboard Equipment (OBE) – Base Hardware Infrastructure System Overview and Concept of Operations (October 2009). Schedule A Scope of Work
- Human-Vehicle Interface (HVI) Research Report (August 2009). Schedule A Scope of Work Task 2
- OBE-RSE Acceptance Test Plan (December 2009). Schedule A Scope of Work. Install a VII RSE for system testing/demonstration, and develop two simple VII services, Vehicle to infrastructure (V2I) and infrastructure to vehicle (I2V) to prove the hardware functionality.
- Hardware Identification and system design re. CVII Network Architecture for OBE – RSE and RSE – OBE Probe and In-Vehicle Signage Acceptance Test Results – (February 2010).
- Reference Document (April 2011). DSRC Mobile Communication Unit/Vehicle Gateway Interface.
- Reference Document (November 2011). OBE Installation Kit
- Reference Document (December 2011). OBE Wiring Diagram
- Reference Document (December 2011). OBE System Architecture
- Reference Document (December 2011). CVII DSRC Message Sets
Task 3 Deliverables
- Driver Credentials Validation Concept of Operations (June 2010)
- Acceptance Test Plan Driver Credentials (October 2010)
- CVII Biometric Identification Report (November 2010)
- Hardware Identification and system design re. CVII Network Architecture for Driver Credential Verification Acceptance Test Results Appendices A and B (November 2010)
Task 4 Deliverables
- Wireless Vehicle Safety Inspection Concept of Operations (June 2010)
- Acceptance Test Plan Wireless Vehicle Safety Inspection (October 2010)
- Hardware Identification and system design re. CVII Network Architecture for Wireless Vehicle Safety Inspection Acceptance Test Results Appendices A, B, C (November 2010)
Task 5 Deliverables
- Concept of Operations Vehicle-to-Vehicle Alert
- Acceptance Test Plan (April 2011)
- Acceptance Test Report (November 2011)
Task 6 Deliverables. Task 6 integrates the driver credentials verification application developed in Task 3 and the wireless roadside vehicle safety inspection application developed in Task 4 with the specified NYSDOT back-office systems.
- Concept of Operations
- Final Demonstration of CVII OBE Systems. Demonstrated at ITS World Congress (October 2011)
- Final CVII Demonstration. Demonstrated at ITS World Congress (October 2011)
Task 7 Deliverables: Program Management and Status Reporting
- Status Report (April 2011)
- Status Report (May 2011)
- Status Report (June 2011)
- Status Report (July 2011)
- Status Report (August 2011)
- Status Report (September 2011)
- Status Report (October 2011)
- 2011 ITS World Congress CVII Demo Summary
- Status Report (November 2011)
- Status Report (December 2011)
- Phase 1 Final Report (December 2011)
Task 8 Deliverables: Public Outreach/Outreach Support
Task 9 Deliverables. Task 9 builds on the base CVII infrastructure developed in Tasks 2, 3, 4, and 5 providing a vehicle alert application for vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) interactions related to passing and merging traffic using data exchanged via V2V communication.
Task 10 Deliverables. Task 10 builds on the base CVII infrastructure developed in Tasks 2, 3, 4, and 5 providing a vehicle alert application for commercial vehicles approaching railroad grade crossings.
ITS 2011 World Congress CVII Project Demonstration
- CVII Project Demo Storyboard (January 2011)
- World Congress Face-to-Face Meeting February 9, 2011)
- World Congress CVII Demo and Outreach Plan (April 2, 2011)
Presentations and Meetings
- 2008 Smart Roadside Workshop (April 29, 2008). Presented by Rick McDonough, NYSDOT
- Project Team Meeting VII/DSRC Protocols Overview (June 2008). Presented by TechnoCom
- CVII Project Team Kick-Off Meeting (May 5 – 6, 2009). Meeting Agenda; CVII Overview – Presented by Rick McDonough, NYSDOT; New York State Existing VII Overview and Lessons Learned – Presented by Dmitri Khijniak, Kapsch
- ITS America Annual Meeting (June 2, 2009). Presented by Ram Kandarpa, Booz/Allen/Hamilton
- CVII- Atlanta, GA (November 2009). Presented by Jan Hellaker, Volvo
- CVII Project Team Meeting (January 7, 2010). Presented by Rick McDonough, NYSDOT
- USDOT IntelliDrive Webinar – Safety Applications for Commercial Vehicles (January 20, 2010). Presentation Slides 31-40 – CVII – Presented by Rick McDonough, NYSDOT and Webinar Transcript – CVII at pages 11-29.
- CVII Overview (May 4, 2010). Presented by Steve Sprouffske, Kapsch TrafficCom
- TIMTC Inaugural – Las Vegas, NV (October 7, 2010). Presented by Skip Yeakel, Volvo, Includes NYSDOT TIGER Grant Overview
- FMCSA Safety Technology Showcase – Greene County, TN CVII Advisory Team Meeting (October 14, 2010). Presented by Rick McDonough, NYSDOT
- Meeting Minutes and Presentations Greensboro, NC (April 21, 2011). Presented by Rick McDonough, NYSDOT and the Volvo Team
- 2011 ITS-NY 18th Annual Meeting and Technology Exhibition Saratoga Springs, NY (June 10, 2011). Presented by Rick McDonough, NYSDOT