Pope Francis made a historic visit to the United States with events in Washington DC (9/22-9/24), New York City (9/25), and Philadelphia (9/26-9/27). Because of the expected crowds during this visit, many transportation pattern changes and restrictions were put in place – in Washington DC, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland – to ensure safe and efficient movement of people and freight throughout the region.
The I-95 Corridor Coalition is provided travelers and agencies with this one-stop “Papal Visit Page” to assist them in dealing with the changes in traffic patterns, transit service and other travel issues.
- State Traveler Information/511 Pages with information posted to date include:
- Archdiocese of New York
- Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA)
- Pennsylvania Papal Visit Website (Papal511.com – getting to and around the event, and current conditions)
- New Jersey DOT
- New Jersey Transit
- New York City Police Department (NYPD)
- Southeastern PA Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
- Washington DC DOT
- The United States Department of Transportation’s National Response Program (www.dot.gov/emergency) is an additional source of emergency information disseminated by State Departments of Transportation.